Values at Work is a tool you can use for culture-shaping and strategic planning. Here are 100 examples of 100 core values defined and explained. You will also find value statements that can clarify your core values.
Values at work are like a compass. They guide our actions, decisions, and interactions every day. Think about it. The beliefs you hold close to your heart don’t just stay at home when you go to work. They come with you. These beliefs, combined with the values your job requires, form what we call “work values.”
Why are these values important?
Living our values at work makes a big difference. When we stay true to our values, we feel good about our work. It helps teams work better together. Companies also benefit because they build a strong and positive culture.
This mix of personal values and “values and work ethics” means happier employees and a more successful business.
Managers, this is a call to action for you! Keep reading. You’ll learn how to help your team embrace and practice these core values every day. It’s not just about having values; it’s about “living your values at work.”
Let’s find out how!
But before that, allow me to define what work values are and their importance.
What are work values?
Work Values: At their core, work values are the beliefs and principles that guide our actions in the workplace. They’re like a compass for our professional journey, helping us decide which jobs suit us and how we approach our tasks and relationships at work.
Work Ethics: This refers to our attitude and behavior towards our job. A strong work ethic might mean showing up on time, being diligent, and taking responsibility for our actions. It’s the ‘how’ in the way we do our jobs, driven by our inner standards.
Importance for Individuals: Recognizing and aligning with our work values can lead to job satisfaction and personal growth. It ensures we’re in roles that match our beliefs and helps us feel fulfilled. A strong work ethic, on the other hand, pushes us to perform at our best, leading to personal achievements and advancements.
Importance for Organizations: Companies thrive when their employees’ values align with their own. It promotes a cohesive work environment, where people are motivated and committed. Strong work ethics across the board ensure efficiency, quality, and trust – key ingredients for any successful organization.
100 Work Values + Values Statements
The emphasis on defining and living by a set of work values has never been more critical. These values serve as guiding principles, helping organizations create a cohesive culture and drive employee behavior toward shared goals.
But what do these values mean, and how do they translate to everyday actions?
This guide dives deep into 100 essential work values, shedding light on their definitions to ensure clarity and understanding. But understanding a value’s definition is just the starting point.
Companies often encapsulate these values in succinct statements, which act as a beacon for employees, guiding their behaviors, decisions, and interactions. I’ve provided four such illustrative statements for each value, drawing from popular phrasing often embraced by leading organizations worldwide.
Yet, knowing the statements is not the endpoint.
How does an organization bring these values to life? What do they expect from their employees in practice?
This guide also offers insights into the tangible actions and behaviors companies anticipate when they highlight specific values.
Whether you’re an HR professional, a manager, a new recruit, or simply someone keen on understanding the pulse of modern corporate culture, this guide offers a comprehensive overview of work values, their interpretations, and their significance in today’s workplace.
Dive in, and let’s decode the values that shape our work lives!
Taking responsibility for one’s actions and decisions.
- “We own our mistakes and learn from them.”
- “Every task completed is a reflection of our commitment.”
- “We take full responsibility for our actions and outcomes.”
- “Honor commitments and deliver on promises.”
Organizations that prioritize accountability expect employees to own their tasks, results, and any errors they might make. It’s about creating a culture where individuals can admit mistakes without fear, understand their role in the company’s success, and strive continuously for improvement.
Accomplishing goals and exceeding standards of excellence.
- “We celebrate small wins as steps towards bigger goals.”
- “Every milestone reached is a testament to our dedication.”
- “Excellence is our standard, not just an aspiration.”
- “We aim high and celebrate every achievement.”
Companies valuing achievement are looking for employees who are result-driven, who set ambitious goals, and who take pride in their accomplishments. It’s not just about individual accomplishments; it’s about pushing the whole organization to reach new heights together.
Being able to change or adjust according to the situation.
- “We thrive in change and evolve with challenges.”
- “Flexibility is our strength in an ever-changing world.”
- “We pivot swiftly to meet new demands and circumstances.”
- “Embracing change ensures our continual growth.”
Organizations emphasizing adaptability require employees who can rapidly adjust to new situations, learn from new challenges, and find opportunities in unexpected changes. In a world where change is constant, these companies seek individuals ready to evolve and learn, ensuring the business remains agile and competitive.
A strong desire to achieve something, typically requiring determination and hard work.
- “Dream big, work hard, and reach for the stars.”
- “Our aspirations drive us forward every day.”
- “We are fueled by our desires to be the best.”
- “Aim higher, push further.”
Organizations that value ambition look for employees who possess the drive and determination to exceed, not just meet, their targets. Such companies create environments where individuals can set high goals, chase their passions, and climb their personal and professional ladders.
Recognizing and valuing the efforts and contributions of others.
- “We celebrate each individual’s unique contribution.”
- “Every team member’s effort is a building block of our success.”
- “Gratitude and acknowledgment are woven into our culture.”
- “Recognizing effort strengthens our collective spirit.”
Companies that promote appreciation understand the importance of acknowledging effort and contribution. They foster cultures where employees feel seen, valued, and important. In these environments, every team member knows their efforts play a pivotal role in the broader organizational success.
Being genuine, real, and true to oneself in all situations.
- “Our workplace thrives on the genuine expressions of each individual.”
- “In our organization, being real is valued over being perfect.”
- “We encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work.”
- “Honesty in actions reflects our core employee values.”
Organizations promoting authenticity value a workplace where individuals can be themselves. This doesn’t just lead to happier employees, but also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture where innovation thrives.
The ability to work independently and make decisions without external control.
- “We trust our employees to steer their own ship.”
- “Granting the freedom to make decisions embodies our work values.”
- “Our employees excel when given the autonomy to innovate.”
- “Empowerment in decision-making drives our progress.”
Companies that emphasize autonomy believe in empowering their employees. They recognize that giving individuals the freedom to make decisions can lead to increased motivation, greater innovation, and improved outcomes.
Creating a harmonious blend between work and personal life.
- “We believe in working hard, but also in living well.”
- “Work-life balance is integral to our values at work.”
- “Every employee deserves time for personal growth and relaxation.”
- “Balancing work and play enhances productivity and well-being.”
Companies that advocate for balance understand that employee well-being is paramount. Such organizations create structures that allow individuals to excel at work while also having the time and space to rejuvenate and engage in personal activities.
Having the courage to take risks and venture into unknown territories.
- “Daring to dream big is woven into our work values.”
- “Venturing out of the comfort zone propels our growth.”
- “We encourage taking calculated risks for innovation.”
- “Our success is built on the bold steps we take.”
Companies emphasizing boldness seek employees ready to challenge the status quo. Such environments foster innovation, as they recognize that groundbreaking solutions often arise from venturing into the unknown with determination.
Dedication to a task or purpose and ensuring its completion.
- “Our dedication to tasks ensures we deliver excellence consistently.”
- “Commitment to our goals defines our work ethics.”
- “Every project, big or small, deserves our complete attention.”
- “We are bound by our promise to deliver.”
Organizations that value commitment are in search of employees who are not just task-oriented, but also dedicated to the broader mission of the company. They appreciate those who stick to their responsibilities, ensuring tasks are seen through to completion.
Working together with others to achieve a common goal.
- “Teamwork makes the dream work in our organization.”
- “Together, we achieve more than working in isolation.”
- “Our best solutions come from collective brainstorming.”
- “Unity in action is our key to unmatched successes.”
Organizations stressing collaboration appreciate the collective strengths of their team members. They understand that pooling various talents, experiences, and perspectives leads to richer solutions and fosters an environment where individuals learn from one another.
The exchange of information or ideas in a clear and effective manner.
- “Clear communication is the backbone of our projects.”
- “We believe in the power of effective dialogue.”
- “Every voice matters, and we ensure it’s heard.”
- “Transparent conversations fuel our progress.”
For companies that prioritize communication, clarity, and understanding are paramount. These organizations believe in creating an environment where every employee feels heard and understood, ensuring projects move forward seamlessly.
Having the required skills and abilities to perform tasks effectively.
- “Skill mastery is a testament to our professional reputation.”
- “Our commitment to competence drives our industry leadership.”
- “We take pride in our ability to deliver expert solutions.”
- “Excellence in action is rooted in our competencies.”
Companies valuing competence invest heavily in training and skill development. They understand that having a team equipped with the right skills not only ensures task efficiency but also gives them a competitive edge in the market.
The desire to outperform rivals and be the best in one’s field.
- “We’re not here to participate; we’re here to lead.”
- “Being the best version of ourselves pushes the industry forward.”
- “Our competitive edge is a blend of innovation and dedication.”
- “Challenging the status quo drives our market dominance.”
Companies that emphasize competitiveness often have a dynamic work culture. They inspire employees to continually challenge themselves, ensuring they stay ahead in the industry and bring novel solutions to clients.
Understanding and sharing the feelings of others, with a desire to help.
- “Empathy in action defines our approach to customer solutions.”
- “Caring for each other is a cornerstone of our values at work.”
- “We put ourselves in others’ shoes to deliver better.”
- “Understanding and supporting our team and clients is our strength.”
Organizations that prioritize compassion often create nurturing work environments. Such companies recognize that understanding and supporting both teammates and clients results in better relationships and more meaningful work outcomes.
Delivering steady, reliable results over time.
- “Reliable performance is our hallmark.”
- “We pride ourselves on being steady in our service delivery.”
- “Our clients trust us for our unwavering quality.”
- “Day in, day out, we strive for uniform excellence.”
Organizations emphasizing consistency believe in maintaining a standard of excellence in everything they do. A steady and predictable output fosters trust among clients and employees alike, ensuring long-lasting relationships and loyalty.
17. Continuous Learning
The ongoing pursuit of knowledge and skills development.
- “Every day is a new opportunity to learn and grow.”
- “We champion the never-ending journey of education.”
- “Personal growth translates to organizational success.”
- “Stay curious, stay ahead.”
Companies that value continuous learning often invest in training programs, workshops, and courses for their employees. They understand that the evolving nature of industries requires adaptive and ever-learned workforces to remain competitive.
Using originality and imagination to come up with unique solutions.
- “Innovation starts with a creative spark.”
- “We think outside the box to serve our clients best.”
- “New perspectives breed breakthrough solutions.”
- “Daring to dream differently is in our DNA.”
Organizations fostering creativity encourage a culture of free-thinking and innovation. They appreciate the importance of diverse perspectives and believe that groundbreaking ideas often come from thinking unconventionally.
The desire to learn, explore, and understand new things.
- “Questions lead to innovation.”
- “Our thirst for knowledge propels us forward.”
- “Exploring the unknown is our daily mission.”
- “Every challenge is an opportunity to learn more.”
Companies that champion curiosity often cultivate an environment where questioning and exploration are encouraged. Such organizations understand that curiosity often leads to innovation, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Commitment to a task or purpose, showing loyalty and perseverance.
- “We’re in it for the long haul.”
- “Our commitment to excellence is unwavering.”
- “Passion drives our every project.”
- “Every task, big or small, deserves our full dedication.”
Organizations valuing dedication appreciate employees who show unwavering commitment to their roles and responsibilities. They believe that a dedicated workforce ensures the completion of tasks to the highest standards and fosters loyalty among clients and stakeholders.
Being reliable and trustworthy in all situations.
- “Count on us, every time.”
- “Your trust is our priority.”
- “Reliability is our commitment.”
- “Steadfast in every challenge.”
Organizations that prioritize dependability expect their employees to be consistent and reliable in their roles. This creates an environment of trust, where tasks are completed on time, and stakeholders can rely on the organization to meet their expectations.
Showing firmness of purpose and the resolve to achieve goals.
- “We never back down from a challenge.”
- “Our resolve sets us apart.”
- “Pushing forward, no matter the odds.”
- “Our spirit is unyielding.”
Companies that value determination foster a culture of resilience and tenacity. They believe that with strong determination, challenges can be overcome, paving the way for innovation and breakthroughs.
Showing care and dedication in one’s work or duties.
- “Every detail matters to us.”
- “Precision is our promise.”
- “Dedicated to getting it right, every time.”
- “Meticulous in our approach.”
Organizations that highlight diligence understand the importance of attention to detail. Employees in such companies are expected to carry out their tasks with utmost care, ensuring accuracy and thoroughness.
Adhering to rules, regulations, and demonstrating self-control.
- “We maintain the highest standards, always.”
- “Order and structure guide our actions.”
- “Staying on course, no deviations.”
- “Our discipline is our strength.”
Companies that advocate for discipline prioritize structure, order, and adherence to established guidelines. They believe that a disciplined approach ensures efficiency, quality, and reliability in the work environment.
Understanding and valuing differences in race, gender, culture, and beliefs.
- “Diverse minds foster innovation.”
- “Unity in diversity is our strength.”
- “We celebrate the unique perspectives everyone brings.”
- “Our diversity is our competitive edge.”
Organizations emphasizing diversity are committed to creating inclusive work environments. They recognize that a diverse workforce brings a myriad of perspectives, fostering creativity, and innovation. Such companies often have initiatives in place to ensure representation and equity for all.
Maximizing productivity with the least amount of waste or effort.
- “Doing more with less, every time.”
- “Our actions speak to optimized results.”
- “Streamlined processes, better outcomes.”
- “Maximizing value, minimizing waste.”
Companies that value efficiency prioritize streamlined operations and processes. They expect employees to find ways to complete tasks swiftly without compromising quality, ensuring that resources, both time and material, are used optimally.
Understanding and sharing the feelings of another.
- “We feel with you, not just for you.”
- “Your emotions resonate with us.”
- “Connecting heart to heart, always.”
- “Understanding deeper, going beyond words.”
Organizations that prioritize empathy cultivate work cultures where employees are encouraged to understand and respect the feelings and perspectives of their colleagues and clients. In such environments, listening actively and responding with kindness is a standard expectation.
Giving individuals the authority and confidence to make decisions.
- “Powering potential, one decision at a time.”
- “Trust in talent, let decisions drive.”
- “Empower to excel.”
- “Our strength lies in individual autonomy.”
Companies emphasizing empowerment trust their employees’ capabilities and judgment. They believe that by giving individuals more control over their roles and decisions, they foster creativity, innovation, and a sense of ownership, leading to better outcomes for the organization.
The capacity to withstand weariness, delays, or challenges without giving up.
- “Resilient in face of challenges.”
- “Our spirit stands the test of time.”
- “Pushing limits, preserving spirit.”
- “Enduring every storm, standing tall.”
Organizations valuing endurance appreciate employees who show persistence and resilience, especially during tough times or complex projects. Such companies often support and train their teams to cultivate stamina, both mentally and physically, to achieve long-term goals.
Showing intense and eager enjoyment or interest.
- “Passion fuels our every endeavor.”
- “Eager, excited, always ready!”
- “Driven by passion, every single day.”
- “Enthusiasm at the heart of our work.”
Companies that emphasize enthusiasm encourage a workplace environment where employees are passionate about their roles and the mission of the organization. They believe that enthusiastic employees can inspire and energize the entire team, leading to higher morale and productivity.
31. Ethical Behavior
Acting in ways consistent with what society and individuals typically think are good values.
- “Integrity over everything.”
- “Doing right, even when no one is watching.”
- “Honor in action, always.”
- “Trust is earned by ethical actions.”
Organizations that stress ethical behavior expect their employees to uphold stringent moral standards. They believe in doing what’s right, not just what’s profitable or convenient, ensuring that actions align with societal norms and values.
Consistently delivering outstanding results and exceeding standards.
- “Beyond the best, every time.”
- “Quality in every task, big or small.”
- “Setting standards, leading by example.”
- “Exceptional is our everyday.”
Companies that champion excellence have high standards for their output. Employees are expected to give their best at all times, ensuring that the organization stays at the forefront of its industry and provides unmatched value to its clients.
Adapting to changes and new situations without getting stressed.
- “Adapt, evolve, and overcome.”
- “Change is growth; we embrace it.”
- “Fluid in our approach, firm in our goals.”
- “Bending, not breaking, with the winds of change.”
In workplaces that value flexibility, employees are encouraged to be open-minded and versatile. Embracing change and being ready to shift tactics or strategies when required is seen as a strength, ensuring that the organization remains dynamic and responsive.
Anticipating future needs, changes, or problems and planning for them.
- “Thinking ahead, staying prepared.”
- “Vision for tomorrow, action today.”
- “Anticipating the future, shaping it now.”
- “We see beyond the horizon.”
Organizations emphasizing foresight value proactive thinking. Employees are expected to think long-term, anticipate challenges, and strategize accordingly, ensuring the company is always one step ahead in its industry.
Being pleasant, kind, and approachable.
- “Kindness makes us stronger.”
- “Building bridges, one smile at a time.”
- “Open hearts, open doors.”
- “Where warmth meets work.”
Work cultures that champion friendliness emphasize interpersonal harmony and positive social interactions. Employees are encouraged to be approachable, cooperative, and amiable, fostering an environment where collaboration thrives, and everyone feels welcome.
Willingness to give time, resources, or knowledge to others without expecting anything in return.
- “Giving is our way of growing.”
- “We share, we succeed.”
- “Lifting others, we rise.”
- “Our wealth is in our willingness to give.”
Organizations that prioritize generosity aim to cultivate an environment of sharing and giving. They expect employees to be selfless, assisting colleagues and even competitors, believing that what goes around, comes around.
The aspiration to continuously improve and develop personally and professionally.
- “Always climbing, always growing.”
- “Every challenge, a step up.”
- “Expand horizons, embrace potential.”
- “Today’s efforts, tomorrow’s growth.”
Growth-centered companies champion both personal and organizational development. Employees are encouraged to learn, tackle challenges, and push their boundaries, ensuring individual and collective progress.
Being truthful, straightforward, and free from deceit.
- “Truth as our guiding star.”
- “Straight talk, straight actions.”
- “In honesty, we trust.”
- “Clear conscience, clear path.”
For companies that hold honesty in high esteem, transparency is paramount. They expect employees to be forthright, ensuring trustworthiness in all dealings, laying the foundation for lasting relationships.
Acknowledging one’s limitations and being open to feedback and learning.
- “Grounded in our greatness.”
- “Listen, learn, lead.”
- “Egos aside, excellence ahead.”
- “In humility, we find strength.”
Workplaces valuing humility appreciate employees who recognize their own limitations. They promote a culture where everyone, regardless of rank or position, is open to feedback, believing that everyone has something to learn.
The capacity to envision novel and unique solutions or concepts.
- “Dream, design, deliver.”
- “Beyond the ordinary, into the extraordinary.”
- “Crafting tomorrow’s wonders.”
- “If you can dream it, we can do it.”
Organizations with a focus on imagination champion innovation. They expect employees to think outside the box, seeking unique solutions and concepts, ensuring that the company is always ahead in creativity.
The ability to work autonomously and make decisions without constant supervision.
- “Empower individuals, empower success.”
- “Trust in autonomy, trust in progress.”
- “Lead your path, light the way.”
- “Self-driven, success-driven.”
Companies emphasizing independence trust their employees to make the right decisions. They provide an environment that promotes self-reliance and expects individuals to take ownership, knowing that when employees have agency, they often exceed expectations.
Introducing new ideas, methods, or solutions that improve upon the status quo.
- “Innovate today, inspire tomorrow.”
- “Change is our constant companion.”
- “Pioneering progress, one idea at a time.”
- “Where challenges meet creativity.”
Organizations that prioritize innovation are always on the lookout for the next big thing. They encourage employees to be creative, to challenge the status quo, and to constantly seek improvements, ensuring they remain leaders in their industry.
Adherence to moral and ethical principles, doing what is right even when no one is watching.
- “Integrity first, always.”
- “Do right, even unseen.”
- “Trust is earned, integrity is shown.”
- “Our word, our bond.”
In workplaces that value integrity, employees are expected to uphold the highest standards of honesty and ethics. These organizations believe that by doing the right thing consistently, they cultivate trust both internally and externally.
Trusting one’s own feelings or gut instincts when making decisions.
- “Feel, then forge forward.”
- “Instincts as our internal compass.”
- “Intuition leads, innovation follows.”
- “When logic ends, intuition speaks.”
Companies valuing intuition recognize that not all decisions are based solely on data. They appreciate employees who can harness their innate feelings in decision-making, understanding that sometimes, unconventional choice can lead to unparalleled results.
45. Job Satisfaction
Finding contentment and fulfillment in one’s job roles and responsibilities.
- “Love what you do, do what you love.”
- “Job joy, life joy.”
- “Find purpose, find pleasure.”
- “Satisfaction in service, success in smiles.”
Organizations focusing on job satisfaction aim for employee well-being and contentment. They understand that when employees are happy with their roles, they are more productive, loyal, and motivated, ultimately benefiting the entire company.
Upholding what is just, especially in decision-making and fairness.
- “Justice above all, in all we do.”
- “Doing right, seeking fair.”
- “In every choice, justice reigns.”
- “Uphold fairness, uphold trust.”
In organizations that prioritize justice, there’s a commitment to fairness in every action, from hiring practices to conflict resolution. Employees are encouraged to act with impartiality, ensuring all stakeholders are treated equitably.
47. Knowledge Sharing
The practice of disseminating knowledge, skills, and insights among team members.
- “Knowledge grows when shared.”
- “Together we learn, together we thrive.”
- “Share to uplift, learn to elevate.”
- “Knowledge isn’t power until it’s shared.”
Companies that value knowledge sharing foster environments where employees freely exchange ideas and insights. This helps in skill enhancement, innovative problem-solving, and in building a more informed and cohesive team.
Guiding, influencing, and directing a group to achieve a common goal.
- “Lead with purpose, inspire with action.”
- “Setting the path, lighting the way.”
- “Leadership is influence, not authority.”
- “Inspire, guide, succeed.”
Organizations that emphasize leadership aren’t just talking about managers and executives. They believe in cultivating leadership qualities in every employee, ensuring they can confidently lead in their respective roles, and contribute positively to team dynamics.
Steadfastness and allegiance to an organization’s cause or mission.
- “Loyalty isn’t spoken, it’s demonstrated.”
- “Devoted to the cause, dedicated to the mission.”
- “Stand by us, as we stand by you.”
- “Commitment that doesn’t waver.”
Companies that uphold loyalty value employees who remain devoted, especially during challenging times. Loyalty is reciprocated with trust, respect, and by providing employees with a sense of belonging and stability.
Guiding, training, and supporting less experienced individuals to aid their growth and development.
- “Mentoring today’s talent for tomorrow’s success.”
- “Guidance, growth, greatness.”
- “Lift as you climb, mentor as you move.”
- “Shaping futures, one guidance at a time.”
Organizations emphasizing mentorship understand the power of guidance and the positive impact it has on individual career paths. By fostering a culture of mentorship, they ensure that knowledge is passed on, talent is nurtured, and future leaders are prepared.
Being present at the moment, conscious of oneself, surroundings, and the task at hand.
- “In the moment, for the moment.”
- “Fully present, fully engaged.”
- “Every task deserves full attention.”
- “Harnessing the power of now.”
For businesses that prioritize mindfulness, there’s a focus on being in the moment, which leads to improved concentration, higher productivity, and enhanced well-being of employees.
An inner drive that encourages action and persistence towards goals.
- “Fueled by passion, driven by purpose.”
- “Every day, every task, always motivated.”
- “Pushing boundaries, fueled by desire.”
- “Driven today, for a brighter tomorrow.”
Companies valuing motivation recognize and cultivate the inner drive in their employees. They establish environments where individuals are inspired to give their best, constantly striving to reach higher benchmarks.
Approaching situations without bias, making decisions based on facts and unbiased judgment.
- “Decisions shaped by facts, not bias.”
- “Seeing clearly, judging fairly.”
- “Truth over opinion, always.”
- “Unbiased, uncolored, objective.”
In organizations that underscore objectivity, there is a premium on basing decisions on clear, unbiased facts. This ensures fairness, accuracy, and a level playing field for all involved.
54. Open Communication
Encouraging a free flow of ideas, feedback, and information without fear of repercussions.
- “Speak, share, and be heard.”
- “Open channels, open minds.”
- “Your voice matters here.”
- “Transparency in talk, clarity in action.”
Open communication as a value means businesses promote a culture where everyone, irrespective of their position, feels free to voice their thoughts, ideas, and concerns. This results in enhanced collaboration, innovation, and trust within the organization.
Being receptive to new ideas, diverse perspectives, and change.
- “Open to ideas, open to growth.”
- “Different perspectives, united vision.”
- “Welcoming change, embracing novelty.”
- “Listening more, learning always.”
Companies that champion open-mindedness are usually ahead of the curve. They are adaptive, receptive to change and recognize the importance of diverse thought in driving innovation and progress.
Holding a positive view of events, outcomes, and the future.
- “Seeing the silver lining in every cloud.”
- “Tomorrow shines brighter.”
- “Every challenge brings new opportunities.”
- “Positive mindset, positive outcomes.”
For businesses that embrace optimism, the culture tends to be upbeat and forward-looking. Such an environment promotes resilience and determination among employees, even when faced with challenges.
Arranging and coordinating tasks or processes efficiently.
- “Every piece in its right place.”
- “Streamlined, structured, successful.”
- “Order breeds efficiency.”
- “Organized today, optimized tomorrow.”
Companies that value organization strive for efficiency and clarity in all processes. They believe that a well-structured approach leads to consistent success and minimized errors.
Prioritizing unique ideas and authentic self-expression.
- “Dare to be different.”
- “Original minds lead original missions.”
- “Authenticity over imitation.”
- “Unique ideas, unparalleled success.”
Businesses that champion originality cultivate a space where employees are encouraged to think differently and bring their authentic selves to the table. Such environments are often hotbeds for innovation.
An intense enthusiasm or desire for work, cause, or activity.
- “Fueled by fire within.”
- “Heart and soul in every endeavor.”
- “Passion drives perfection.”
- “Working with heart, succeeding with passion.”
Organizations that prioritize passion look for employees who are not just skilled, but also deeply committed and enthusiastic about what they do. Such fervor often leads to remarkable results and high levels of job satisfaction.
The capacity to tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.
- “In patience, we find perfection.”
- “Good things come to those who wait.”
- “Calmness in course, clarity in outcome.”
- “Endurance today, excellence tomorrow.”
In companies that value patience, there is a belief that rushing often leads to mistakes, and sometimes the best results come to those who wait. This mindset ensures that decisions are well-thought-out and that employees remain calm under pressure.
Persisting in a course of action or belief despite difficulty.
- “Strength in every step forward.”
- “Challenges met with unwavering spirit.”
- “Obstacles are the path to true achievement.”
- “Resolute in resolve, steadfast in spirit.”
Organizations that hold perseverance as a core value believe in the power of resilience and dedication. Employees in such environments are often driven, understanding that the journey to success is as valuable as the outcome itself.
Maintaining a hopeful and optimistic attitude.
- “Radiate good vibes only.”
- “Transform challenges with a positive spirit.”
- “See good, be good, feel good.”
- “A positive mindset leads to positive outcomes.”
Workplaces that emphasize positivity foster a cheerful and uplifting environment. They believe that a positive atmosphere is conducive to creativity, collaboration, and overall well-being.
Paying attention to detail and ensuring accuracy.
- “Measured once, cut precisely.”
- “Accuracy in every action.”
- “Detail-driven decisions deliver.”
- “Precision is our signature.”
Companies that advocate precision are meticulous in their processes, ensuring that tasks are executed with care and exactness. For them, the quality of output is paramount, and employees are encouraged to take the time to get things right.
Being practical and focused on the most effective approach.
- “Results matter, methods evolve.”
- “Sensible solutions for real results.”
- “Grounded actions, tangible outcomes.”
- “Practicality propels progress.”
Work environments that value pragmatism prioritize solutions that are sensible and grounded in reality. These organizations often move swiftly, adapting to situations and making decisions based on what is most effective rather than getting caught up in idealistic debates.
Producing a significant amount or result with minimal waste.
- “Efficiency in every endeavor.”
- “Maximize output, optimize effort.”
- “Doing more with less.”
- “High yield, high zeal.”
Organizations that stress productivity aim to get the most out of their resources, be it time, personnel, or materials. Employees are often equipped with the tools and training to ensure that they can work at their most effective levels.
Upholding the highest standards of behavior in the workplace.
- “Excellence in action, every day.”
- “Setting the gold standard in our field.”
- “Professional in approach, passionate in execution.”
- “Behave today, lead tomorrow.”
When organizations emphasize professionalism, they expect employees to conduct themselves with integrity, reliability, and expertise. It underscores the importance of maintaining a positive reputation in the industry.
Being on time and respecting others’ time.
- “Every moment matters.”
- “Precision in time, precision in results.”
- “Early is on-time; on-time is late.”
- “Time respected, success expected.”
Valuing punctuality means recognizing the importance of time – both one’s own and that of others. For businesses, this translates to efficiency, respect, and trust in the workplace.
In Filipino, we say that daig ng maagap ang masipag for we value people who are proactive in what they do. They do not cram their activities in the last hour, instead, they work earlier than everyone else.
Providing products or services that meet or exceed expectations.
- “Excellence isn’t optional; it’s essential.”
- “Crafted with care, delivered with pride.”
- “Quality first, quality always.”
- “Beyond standards, above expectations.”
Organizations that prioritize quality are dedicated to delivering the best, consistently. They believe that maintaining high standards is integral to securing customer trust and ensuring long-term success.
Being trustworthy and consistently performing to expectations.
- “Count on us, every time.”
- “Consistency is our commitment.”
- “Delivering as promised, always.”
- “Solid in service, steady in delivery.”
Companies that advocate for reliability expect their employees to be dependable and trustworthy. It reinforces the idea that every team member plays a crucial role in maintaining the company’s reputation and delivering on its promises.
Bouncing back from setbacks and adapting to change.
- “Challenges faced, strength embraced.”
- “Rebound, rebuild, rise.”
- “Adversity met with unwavering spirit.”
- “From setbacks to comebacks.”
Resilience as a core value in organizations means fostering a culture where employees are encouraged to face challenges head-on, learn from failures, and continuously adapt to ever-changing circumstances.
Valuing and treating others with dignity and understanding.
- “Every voice matters here.”
- “Treat others as you wish to be treated.”
- “In our diversity, we find our strength.”
- “Building bridges, not walls.”
Organizations that uphold respect as a core value prioritize a workplace culture where everyone, regardless of their background or position, is treated with dignity and consideration. They believe that a respectful environment fosters collaboration and innovation.
Taking ownership of one’s actions and their consequences.
- “Owning our actions, driving results.”
- “Commitment in action, every step of the way.”
- “Where accountability meets accomplishment.”
- “Doing the right thing, even when no one’s watching.”
Companies that emphasize responsibility expect their employees to be accountable for their decisions and their outcomes. This value reinforces the importance of trust and dependability in every facet of business operations.
Daring to step out of the comfort zone to achieve greater results.
- “Bold steps for brighter tomorrows.”
- “Venture beyond the known.”
- “Dare to dream, dare to act.”
- “Innovation is born from brave decisions.”
When organizations prioritize risk-taking, they encourage a culture of innovation and exploration. They understand that stepping out of their comfort zone can lead to groundbreaking advancements and substantial growth.
Prioritizing the well-being and security of all involved.
- “Safety first, always.”
- “Protecting our people, our most prized asset.”
- “Every task, every time, safety in mind.”
- “Well-being at the heart of our operations.”
Companies that emphasize safety-consciousness ensure that the well-being of their employees, stakeholders, and customers is never compromised. They believe that a secure environment is foundational to achieving organizational success.
Exhibiting control and consistency in actions and decisions.
- “Mastery over mind and mission.”
- “Discipline drives destiny.”
- “Today’s restraint, tomorrow’s reward.”
- “Consistent actions, remarkable results.”
Organizations valuing self-discipline believe in the power of consistent and controlled actions. They expect their employees to demonstrate commitment, consistency, and restraint in their tasks, ensuring the achievement of long-term goals.
Finding internal drive and initiative to achieve one’s goals.
- “Powered by passion from within.”
- “Our drive comes from our desire.”
- “Fueling our future with inner fire.”
- “Every goal begins with a personal spark.”
Organizations that prize self-motivation believe that intrinsic motivation is key to long-term success. They expect employees to be proactive, pushing themselves independently towards company goals.
Dedicating efforts to serving others and meeting their needs.
- “Service beyond self.”
- “Meeting needs, exceeding expectations.”
- “Every action, a step towards serving better.”
- “Our mission: service above all.”
Companies that champion a service-oriented value emphasize the importance of putting the needs of customers, clients, and even colleagues first. They believe that when they serve well, they succeed.
Striving for clarity and straightforwardness in all things.
- “Clear. Simple. Effective.”
- “Complexity reduced, clarity produced.”
- “Simplicity is the soul of efficiency.”
- “In simplicity, we find excellence.”
For organizations that uphold simplicity, the goal is to make processes, products, and communications as clear and straightforward as possible. They understand that simplicity often leads to better understanding, efficiency, and effectiveness.
79. Skill Development
Constantly seeking to grow and enhance one’s abilities.
- “Today’s learner, tomorrow’s leader.”
- “Growing skills, building futures.”
- “Every day, a chance to learn more.”
- “Skill today, success tomorrow.”
Companies that emphasize skill development are invested in the continuous growth of their employees. They encourage learning and training, believing that honing skills is essential for both personal and organizational growth.
Standing together united, especially during challenging times.
- “Together we stand, united we thrive.”
- “One team, one dream.”
- “In unity, lies our strength.”
- “Solidarity is our superpower.”
Organizations that value solidarity emphasize the power of unity. They foster a culture where employees stand by each other, understanding that collective strength is far more potent than individual efforts, especially when facing challenges.
Seeking a consistent, reliable, and unchanging environment for growth.
- “Steadfast in every storm.”
- “Our foundation, rock solid.”
- “Consistency is our middle name.”
- “In stability, we thrive.”
When stability is a core value, organizations emphasize the importance of creating a predictable and secure environment. Such companies believe that a stable environment fosters employee confidence, facilitates long-term planning, and ensures sustainable growth.
82. Strategic Thinking
Employing a forward-looking approach, planning for future success.
- “Always thinking three steps ahead.”
- “Planning today for tomorrow’s success.”
- “Our strategy: Visionary, deliberate, impactful.”
- “From foresight to insight.”
Companies valuing strategic thinking prioritize long-term planning and forecasting. They appreciate employees who not only focus on immediate tasks but also understand and contribute to the broader company vision and mission.
Working collaboratively with others to achieve shared goals.
- “Together, we achieve more.”
- “Every ‘I’ in the team counts.”
- “United in purpose, united in action.”
- “Our strength is in our collective effort.”
For organizations that place a high premium on teamwork, collaboration is the name of the game. They believe that a collective effort, where each member’s strengths are recognized and utilized, leads to better solutions and results.
Persisting in tasks or objectives, even in the face of challenges.
- “Persistence powers our progress.”
- “Challenges faced, challenges conquered.”
- “Never back down, never give up.”
- “Driven by determination.”
Companies that value tenacity admire the grit and determination of their employees. They expect their workforce to remain committed, regardless of obstacles, believing that perseverance is key to overcoming challenges and achieving long-term objectives.
Valuing punctuality and respecting the importance of time.
- “Every second counts, every moment matters.”
- “Punctuality is our pledge.”
- “Time respected, promises kept.”
- “On time, every time.”
Timeliness is of utmost importance for organizations that prioritize efficiency and respect. Such companies believe that being on time demonstrates respect for others’ time and ensures smooth operations, minimizing disruptions.
Respecting and valuing the diverse perspectives and backgrounds of others.
- “Diversity embraced, unity achieved.”
- “Different views, one shared goal.”
- “Respect knows no boundaries.”
- “Together in our differences.”
Organizations that prioritize tolerance cherish the diversity of their teams and believe that different backgrounds and perspectives can enrich the collective experience and outcomes. Such a value promotes an inclusive environment where everyone feels valued and heard.
Promoting openness and honesty in all communications and actions.
- “Clear intent, clear action.”
- “Open doors, open conversations.”
- “In clarity we trust.”
- “Transparent in purpose, transparent in practice.”
For businesses that esteem transparency, there’s an unwavering commitment to open communication. They believe that by being open about their intentions, decisions, and actions, they can foster a deeper trust and understanding within their team and with their stakeholders.
Being reliable, honest, and deserving of trust in all endeavors.
- “Your trust is our commitment.”
- “Dependability at our core.”
- “Earning trust, every step of the way.”
- “Reliable in word and deed.”
Companies that highlight trustworthiness prioritize building and maintaining trust in every relationship, from employees to clients. They expect their team members to be consistent and honest, understanding that trust is the bedrock of lasting relationships and a positive work environment.
Making an effort to comprehend and empathize with the situations and feelings of others.
- “Hearing you, understanding you.”
- “Empathy in every interaction.”
- “Walking in your shoes.”
- “Your perspective, our priority.”
Organizations that value understanding are keen on promoting empathy and active listening. They encourage employees to put themselves in others’ shoes, fostering a culture where everyone feels heard and validated in their feelings and perspectives.
Celebrating individuality and recognizing the distinct strengths each person brings.
- “One of a kind, every time.”
- “Your individuality is our strength.”
- “Diverse in talent, united in purpose.”
- “Celebrating every unique journey.”
Companies that emphasize uniqueness understand the strength that lies in diversity. By valuing individual differences, they create an environment where innovation thrives, and each employee feels valued for their distinct contributions.
Working together as a cohesive unit to achieve shared goals.
- “Stronger as one.”
- “United in purpose and action.”
- “Together, we achieve more.”
- “Bonded in mission, united in effort.”
Organizations emphasizing unity believe that teamwork and collaboration are foundational for success. They cultivate a sense of togetherness, ensuring that everyone feels a part of something larger than themselves.
Adapting to varied roles and challenges with ease and efficiency.
- “Adapting, evolving, succeeding.”
- “Flexibility is our superpower.”
- “Ready for every challenge.”
- “Change embraced, success ensured.”
Companies that champion versatility recognize and appreciate the ability to wear many hats. They expect employees to be open to change and ready to pivot their approach whenever necessary, ensuring resilience in a dynamic work environment.
Looking ahead to the future and planning for long-term success.
- “Pioneering tomorrow, today.”
- “Crafting the future we envision.”
- “Beyond the horizon, we aim.”
- “Tomorrow’s goals, today’s actions.”
Organizations that value visionary thinking prioritize long-term planning and innovation. They encourage employees to think outside the box, set ambitious goals, and drive forward-thinking initiatives.
Promoting a welcoming and caring environment for everyone.
- “Kindness in every interaction.”
- “Warm welcomes, lasting connections.”
- “Heartfelt connections, every day.”
- “Where every soul feels at home.”
Warmth as a work value signifies an organization’s commitment to fostering an environment of kindness and genuine care. Such businesses make sure that employees, clients, and partners all feel the warmth of genuine concern and inclusivity.
95. Willingness to Learn
Embracing opportunities to gain new knowledge and skills.
- “Evolving through learning.”
- “Every day, a chance to grow.”
- “Knowledge embraced, growth ensured.”
- “Open minds, open futures.”
Companies that underscore a willingness to learn are keen on personal and professional development. They understand that the world is ever-changing, and to stay relevant, continuous learning and adaptability are paramount. They expect their employees to be curious, open-minded, and always ready to enhance their skills.
Using knowledge and experience to make sound decisions.
- “Wisdom guides our path.”
- “Knowledge in action, experience in practice.”
- “Decisions made with depth.”
- “Past informs, wisdom transforms.”
Organizations that cherish wisdom recognize the importance of using past experiences and knowledge to inform future actions. They expect employees to reflect, learn from past mistakes or successes, and apply that understanding to make better decisions.
97. Work Ethic
Demonstrating a strong commitment to one’s job and responsibilities.
- “Dedication in every task.”
- “Commitment beyond clock hours.”
- “Where passion meets profession.”
- “Every task, a testament to our dedication.”
Companies that prioritize work ethic are looking for employees who give their best every single day. Such businesses believe in the value of hard work, perseverance, and dedication, ensuring that tasks are completed with integrity and diligence.
98. Work-life Balance
Balancing professional responsibilities with personal well-being and life outside of work.
- “Work hard, live well.”
- “Balancing life’s many roles.”
- “Your well-being, our priority.”
- “Productivity with peace.”
Organizations emphasizing work-life balance understand the importance of personal well-being in enhancing professional productivity. They advocate for and provide avenues for employees to have a fulfilling personal life alongside their professional commitments.
Having great energy, enthusiasm, and passion for work.
- “Passion powers our pursuits.”
- “Driven by unbridled enthusiasm.”
- “Every task, tackled with zest.”
- “Fueling futures with fervor.”
Organizations that value zeal are looking for employees who bring energy and passion to their roles. They want a workforce that is not just committed, but also enthusiastic about their tasks, ensuring a lively and passionate work environment.
Approaching challenges with excitement and energy.
- “Every challenge, an exhilarating journey.”
- “With zest, we conquer.”
- “Vitality in every venture.”
- “Life’s lemons turned to gold.”
Zest as a work value indicates an organization’s desire for its employees to approach challenges with a can-do attitude. Such businesses want their teams to have an infectious enthusiasm, turning potential obstacles into opportunities with spirited energy.
10 Ways to Promote Values at Work
- Values Workshop Kick off with a workshop where employees discuss and reflect on the company’s values. This not only educates them but also makes them feel a part of the process.
- Values Wall Dedicate a space in your office where employees can post stories or examples of coworkers exemplifying company values. It serves as both recognition and a visual reminder.
- Role-playing Games Create scenarios where employees act out situations based on company values. It’s a fun way to make values tangible and relatable.
- Value of the Month Spotlight a specific value each month. Organize activities or challenges around it and reward employees who best exemplify it.
- Values-based Awards Recognize and reward employees regularly who showcase company values in their work. It can be a monthly or quarterly event.
- Lunch and Learn Organize informal lunch sessions where teams discuss values in practice. Sharing personal experiences can make these sessions more relatable.
- Values Quiz Host a trivia game where questions are based on company values. It’s a fun way to test and reinforce employees’ understanding.
- Mentorship Programs Pair up new employees with mentors who excel at living the company’s values. It’s a direct way to pass on the organization’s cultural DNA.
- Values-based Hiring During the hiring process, include questions or tasks that gauge the candidate’s alignment with company values. It ensures you’re bringing in like-minded individuals.
- Feedback Systems Encourage employees to provide feedback on how they and their colleagues are upholding company values. Constructive feedback can drive personal growth and strengthen the team’s commitment to values.
By integrating values into daily routines and activities, managers and HR heads can foster a culture where values aren’t just words on paper but a living testament to the company’s ethos.