Most topics of motivational speakers are about winning and success. I invite you to look into these titles and consider what they are trying to offer.
- IT’S TIME TO GET OVER IT! by Les Brown
- Magic Johnson: The Magic Of Winning
- James Clear: Atomic Habits: How To Get 1% Better Every Day
- Jia Jiang: What You Can Learn From 100 Days Of Rejection
- J.P. Pawliw-Fry: Performing Under Pressure
- James Lawrence: Redefine Impossible
- Jade Simmons: Audacity!: Dare To Lead On Purpose
- Vishen Lakhiani: Goals And Dreaming Big
- Marc Randolph: Netflixed: How A Scrappy Startup Built One Of The World’s Best Known Brands.
- Shawn Achor: The Happiness Advantage: Linking Positive Brains To Performance
- Why We Do What We Do by Tony Robbins
These topics are all about WINNING!
I got into motivational speaking because I was inspired by the following books:
- The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
- It’s Not Over, Until I Win: It’s Possible by Les Brown
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz
I got inspired by the speeches of Pagsi and Vic Santiago. Two of those whom I considered being the best motivational speakers in the Philippines.
I listened to great speakers when I was in the seminary. We have trained ourselves in how to connect to people and motivate them. But I had no idea that motivational speaking is a lucrative industry.
I have no idea what motivational speakers do before I read Les Brown. It was his experiences that inspired me to start a career in motivational speaking. I had the same struggles too.
In 2004, I envisioned myself becoming the best motivational speaker in the Philippines. It did not happen.
After a year of inspiring thousands, I realized that it is not about me. Motivational speaking works only when it reaches those people who need your message. There is no contest between motivational speakers. We can work together to inspire people and uplift lives.
I want to become a famous motivational speaker too. Visibility and authority can help me reach more people. However, the so-called famous and best motivational speakers, I discovered, are unknown to many Filipinos. Branding oneself a guru or an influencer won’t help.
I committed myself to create and adding value. To become the best motivational speaker in the Philippines is not my goal. I focus on what works and share whatever I have in every way I can.