Some people have unhealthy ways of pursuing personal development. Personal development is a means, not a religion.
- It is unhealthy when the person becomes a self-help junkie. He buys every self-help book or talks about self-help all the time. Then, he regurgitates the ideas of your favorite motivational speakers as if they are biblical truths.
- The person confuses others with constant efforts to improve and change as if nothing is right with him.
- The person looks down on others who don’t pursue personal development. He is self-centered.
- The person is susceptible to self-help fads. He believes in voodoo stuff.
- The person spends too much time reading about self-improvement but little on acting and performing.