Bounce Forward Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Jef Menguin

Administrator
    July 27, 2020 at 8:14 am

A few days ago, the government of Rodrigo Duterte brought thousands of locally stranded individuals (some reports say 7000) to Rizal Memorial Stadium.

The program is named Hatid-Tulong, a rebranding of heavily criticized Balik-Probinsiya of Bong Go. Many Filipinos suspect that the ill-advised and badly executed Balik Probinsiya program caused the spike of Covid-19 cases in the countryside.

Bringing 7000 people in one place is not only against science. It is against common sense. In this country, we did not allow back rides in motorcycles in observance of social distancing.

If I were the President, I would have included this in the plan before announcing the March 16 lockdown. That would have given me enough time to have these individuals tested. I would not put them in one place. I will use the LGUs so they can register the LSIs in their areas and follow the DOH protocol.

Unfortunately, they don’t follow the science. They follow old habits.

https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/7/26/Rizal-stadium-for-stranded-LSIs-Robredo-shame-on-us-.html

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now