While you are here, let me share with you these motivational quotes. Share them with your friends so they too will be reminded of their greatness.
1. “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
2. “Don’t stop until good becomes better, and better becomes best!”- Jef Menguin
When I was just starting as a motivational speaker, I share this line often to my audiences. But really, it was not just for them. It was also for me. I will not stop until I am done.
3. “Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future. Act now, without delay.”- Simone de Beauvoir
4. “Care, listen, appreciate, and promote. These are the keys to getting people motivated to win”. – Vic Santiago
5. “First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win”. – Mahatma Gandhi
6. “You are not here simply to exist. Stand up. Make a difference.”- Jef Menguin
7. “The best reason to start an organization is to make meaning; to create a product or service to make the world a better place.” – Guy Kawasaki
8. “Focus not on the size of the problem. Instead, make the most of what you’ve got to find the best solutions.” – Jef Menguin
9. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
10. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
Focus is the key to achievement. The so-called overmotivated people think of too many things at the same time. I know. There are times when I know I am an overmotivated underachiever. Do one thing. Do it now.
11. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
I find that the smarter I work, the more luck I seem to have. Instead of doing a hundred things, find four things that when you do them makes all the others irrelevant and unncessary. Now, of the four things, start with first things first.
12. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
And to finish that thousand miles, you do the second, third, fourth, 10th, 100th, 1000th…steps. Beginning is good. You can’t do anything worthwhile if you won’t begin. I think you and I can do that. But to get to a thousand miles we must persist. Keep on walking. Run some times. Rest for a moment, but don’t stop.
13. “We become what we think about most of the time, and that’s the strangest secret.” – Earl Nightingale
14. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
15. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort
Jordan Belfort has used this kind of thinking to fool people. He was imprisoned for using it to get money through illegal means. But that does not make this wrong. This thinking is too powerful than you can use it to make a positive difference.
16. “When you can’t change the direction of the wind, just adjust your sails.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr
17. “Security Is Mostly A Superstition. Life Is Either A Daring Adventure Or Nothing.” – Helen Keller
Someone told me that you can find security only in maximum security compound. I think there is no security even in prisons. Wherever you are now, I want you to look around. You can start an adventure now.
18. “Don’t offer people solutions. Find out what they need and help them get it themselves.” – Jef Menguin
19. “Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
20. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
If you are in a team, you’ve got to do the talking first. Begin by talking about it, then do it. How long the talking should be? It should be long enough that you will be able to clarify your goals, and short enough that you can start doing the first step at once.
21. “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
Massive success is making a positive difference!
22. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Dr. Robert Schuller
23. “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” – Tony Hsieh
Chase the passion, do epic change that creates value, and money will chase you.
24. “I’ve been blessed to find people who are smarter than I am, and they help me to execute the vision I have.” – Russell Simmons
Surround yourself with people who are smarter than you are. Inspire a shared vision so they can help you get what you want and you can help them get what they want. This is leadership. You don’t have to be a genius (dictator) being followed by thousand idiots (minions).
25. “Each day you have to make yourself ready for opportunities. If you are not watching, you will not notice when it comes. It will leave you without knowing its name.” – Jef Menguin
26. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
27. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
This is why I don’t rely on Filipino politicians! Don’t wait for our government to create a prosperous country for all of us. We’ve got to do it ourselves. Don’t wait for another motivational speaker to make us laugh and cry. Follow your dreams and make them real.
28. “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do.” – Rob Siltanen
I think Apple used this in commercials. Are you crazy enough?
29. “Poor people spend their money on gadgets. Rich people spend money on continous education.” – Jef Menguin
30. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
Jim Collins said that good is the enemy of great. Rockefeller must have inspired Collins too.
31. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping-stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
32. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do that the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
What are the things you didn’t do 10 years ago that you wish you’ve done? This quote reminds me to have the courage and act now.
33. “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” —Warren Buffett
34. “If you don’t stand for something you’ll fall for anything.” – Malcolm X
35. “When someone tells me “no,” it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them.” ― Karen E. Quinones Miller
36. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” – Robert Kiyosaki
37. “I might be broke but I am not Broken” ― Onkar K Khullar (Digital Gandhi)
38. “Without the rocks, the streams will lose their song” ― Bernard Kelvin Clive
39. Reading biographies of great people can inspire you. But doing what you must do now is the first step to greatness. – Jef Menguin
40. Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone. – Pablo Picasso
Wow! This is powerful. No one is assured of tomorrow. What is that one thing you must really, really do today?
41.You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them. —Michael Jordan
42. If you don’t have a competitive advantage, don’t compete. – Jack Welch
So, what are you going to do? Start your own game. Create your own rules. And win.
43. “Recognizing your own progress is a huge part of feeling motivated to do more. Your brain is a great tool for your success. It is hard at work and automating the new things you are doing even when you are taking a break.” ― Prince Akwarandu
44. Whatever you do, create 100x value for what you are paid to do. Eventually, people will pay 100x more for doing what you do. – Jef Menguin
45. Make each day your masterpiece. – John Wooden
46. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real, it is possible, it’s yours. – Ayr Rand
47. You are your own prophet. See yourself as the person you really want to be. Look up to that person every day. – Jef Menguin
48. Exponential growth is a product of small daily improvements that build up on each other. Focus on small daily improvements.- Jef Menguin
49. You can’t connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down and it has made all the difference in my life. – Steve Jobs
50. Knowing Is Not Enough; We Must Apply. Wishing Is Not Enough; We Must Do. – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
51. Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment. – Oprah Winfrey
52.You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. – John C. Maxwell
53. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. – Mark Twain
54. Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy. or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan. – Larry Winget
55. You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. – Margaret Thatcher
56. Don’t just think big. Think bigger. Think 10x. Our fears and self-limiting beliefs make us believe that “big” is big. Be braver, bolder, and bigger. – Jef Menguin
57. Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment. – Stephen Covey
58. A goal is a lifeline. – Jef Menguin
59. I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don’t intend to waste any of mine. – Neil Armstrong
60. Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work. – Stephen King
61. A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success. – Joyce Brothers
62. The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. – Oprah Winfrey
63. Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. – Albert Einstein
64. Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else. – Les Brown
65. If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward. – Martin Luther King Jr.
66. The best way to predict the future is to create it – Peter Drucker
67. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. – John Quincy Adams
68. If you’re not stubborn, you’ll give up on experiments too soon. And if you’re not flexible, you’ll pound your head against the wall and you won’t see a different solution to a problem you’re trying to solve. – Jeff Bezos
69. A perfect life is boring. Create a wonderful life. – Jef Menguin
70. The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks. – Mark Zuckerberg
71. Do one thing every day that scares you. – Eleanor Roosevelt
72. Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential. – John Maxwell
73. It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. – Confucius
74. If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs. – Dhirubhai Ambani
75. A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him. – David Brinkley
76. “And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!” ― Dr. Suess
77. When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. – Alexander Graham Bell
78. It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela
79. The number one reason people fail in life is because they listen to their friends, family, and neighbors. – Napoleon Hill
80. Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. – Eleanor Roosevelt
81. The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
82. If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. – Jim Rohn
83. To get yourself unstuck, move now. Start with something small.- Jef Menguin
84. The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. – Henry David Thoreau
85. Take one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, and live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success that is the way great spiritual giants are produced. – Swami Vivekananda
86. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. – Henry Ford
87. Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today. – Will Rogers
88. Be so good they can’t ignore you. – Steve Martin
89. “All our dream can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them”. – Walt Disney
We are all motivated. We are motivated by our fears. We are motivated by our desires. Unfortunately, for the most of us, our fears are present and more realistic than our future and idealized desires. This is why we have to pray for courage. Not a strong will, but a brave heart. Puso!
90. In the end, we only regret the chance we didn’t take – Lewis Carroll
91. Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world… if you do so, you are insulting yourself – Bill Gates
92. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” ― Thomas Jefferson
93. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
94. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going – Jim Rohn
95. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” ― Viktor E. Frankl, Man’s Search for Meaning
96. It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up. – Vince Lombardi
97. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
98. “In this life you will have some trials and tribulations. You cannot allow what happens to you to dictate who and what you become. Make a decision to do better and be better.” ― Bobby F. Kimbrough, Jr
99. I learn more from failures than success. Learn to embrace failures so you can learn from it and use it to become a better person. – Jef Menguin
100. “The true measure of a person is not in what he knows, but what he does with what he knows.” ― Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
101. Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude. – Zig Ziglar
I say that it is your attitude and your aptitude that will determine your altitude. Having read Zig’s books, I understand where he is coming from. But believe me, there is too much trust in strong will that people don’t give much time on building their abilities. This is why there are too many overmotivated underachievers. If you want to fly high, switch your attitude and 10x your aptitude.
102. “Have you chosen to accept what life has given you, or are you choosing to create your life? There is a powerful difference.” ― Tony Curl, Seriously Simple Stuff to Get You Unstuck
103. What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.– Napoleon Hill
104. Double down on whats working. Cut the rest. – Tai Lopez
105. The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. – Ayn Rand
106. “Inspiration is a spark. It is nothing unless we use it to build a fire.” ― Vironika Tugaleva
107. “Why just celebrate birthdays? Why not celebrate every day? In reality, we are born anew everyday. Everyday is a Birthday!” ― RVM
108. “Realize yourself. Realize your abilities. Be sincere to nobody else, but yourself. Keep walking on the path of bravery. Keep walking on the path of your passion. Keep walking, and do not stop until you reach your goal.” ― Abhijit Naskar, Love, God & Neurons: Memoir of a scientist who found himself by getting lost
109. “Celebrate Yourself. You are Unique!” ― Izey Victoria Odiase
110. “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” – John F. Kennedy
You can play safe and avoid failures. But you won’t achieve anything great. This does not mean that you are a bad person. If you are contented with small, that’s okay. But why not dream of achieving greatly when you only have one life to live?
111. “You needed a vision of the future in order to get anywhere; you couldn’t live life thinking you were always about to fall off a cliff.” ― Alexandra Kleeman, You Too Can Have a Body Like Mine